Holy crap, I’ve actually got a recipe for you today! I think I’ve talked about this on my blog in the past, but I can’t remember if I’ve ever typed up the recipe. Quinoa is a grain similar to rice, and has many nutritional benefits. I made it a lot in the beginning of the summer, and finally I’ve gotten the quinoa bug again! It’s my favorite.
Cranberry Walnut Quinoa, adapted from the food network recipe
- 2 cups of all-natural vegetable broth
- 1 cup of organic quinoa (I use bob’s red mill)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- sprinkle of salad seasoning
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Cook quinoa according to package, using the veggie broth instead of water, since it will give the quinoa a lot more flavor
- Whisk together olive oil, and seasonings in a small bowl until blended. Drizzle over cooked quinoa until combined
- Fold in dried cranberries and walnuts
- Chill, and enjoy
Onto breakfast. More steel-cut oats this morning! With fresh berries + a sliced peach! Along with a bit of TJ’s sunflower seed butter + sweet cherry butter. These oats were so flavorful and fruity.
Lunch was some of my cranberry walnut quinoa, along with a new soup.
I had no idea what this soup was supposed to taste like, but it sounded tasty, so I decided to give it a whirl. It was interesting! There weren’t enough vegetables for me, it was kind of just a creamy broth. I don’t think I’d buy it again. I do love Amy’s other soups though!
When I got home from work, a package was waiting for me…I ordered new running shoes!
They are pink! They’re actually pink for breast cancer awareness, which is really cool.
They look so much prettier than these guys. However, they are the exact same shoe!!! I wear the New Balance 760 in wide. They have a wide toe box, which I need for my horrendously deformed feet. And yes, I keep my race timing chips on my shoes as sort of like memorabilia! This one is from the Boilermaker.
In other news…you know it’s fall when…
I love candy corn!!! Its like my secret addiction. And I love that you only get to eat it when its “that time of the year”. Other things I love about fall: light jacket weather, pumpkins, apple picking, “falling leaves” scent from Yankee Candle, cider donuts, and Halloween! 😉 What’s yours?