In case you didn’t know, I signed up for my fifth marathon in May 2016! I’m running the Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon on May 15, 2016.
I chose this marathon because of the good reviews it got on Marathon Guide. It boasts scenic views along the coast line of Maine, a place I have never been! I wanted to run a Spring marathon and this seemed like the perfect one.
I also signed up for the 39.3 challenge, which means I’m going to run the half marathon on Saturday, followed by the full marathon on Sunday! (No I’m not crazy, I’m awesome.)
I’m also a Race Ambassador for the marathon! So, if you are interested in signing up for the half or the full (or both!) keep in mind that early registration ends at 11:59 PM on 12/31/15. Prices will increase by $7.00 for the Half Marathon, Bosom Buddy Relay and Marathon. The price for the 39.3 Challenge will increase by $14.00! So sign up now! Use my discount code JenM for $5.00 of your registration.
Also, check out their RaceJoy Mobile App. They are providing free live tracking this year for anyone who runs with their smartphone. This means that spectators and friends will get mile split updates at every mile. For runners that carry their phones, there is also the new Text-to-Cheer function that allows friends and spectators to text the runner a message which is delivered in audio form. (Think about how much fun you could have with that!)
So if you sign up for the Maine Coast Marathon, here is what you get:
- Custom finisher’s medal for the marathon
- Two complimentary beers after the finish from Shipyard Brewing Company
- Post race food, including bagels, bananas and other snack foods
- One complimentary slice of pizza after the finish from Portland Pie
- High resolution race photos of nearly every participant will be made available about 4 days after the race: download to computer, email to yourself or friend, share on Facebook, and Tweet
- Real time results on your phone, including splits via the Race Joy App
- Live tracking, with mile splits at EVERY Mile, if you carry your smart phone on the run
- The ability to rent locker space via The Mobile Locker Company or a free bag drop if all items fit inside a single one gallon zip lock bag
I’m really looking forward to heading to Maine next year to run these races. I will be a blast, I know it!