Are you looking for a grab-and-go protein bar that is also super easy to make at home? Tonight I made these chocolate peanut butter protein bars and they are delicious and filling! The addition of oats makes these bars a good source of fiber and iron, a perfect pre-or post-workout snack.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 scoops of chocolate protein powder* (or equivalent of 3 oz)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cups of raw oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease a 9×9 baking pan
3. Mix together peanut butter, maple syrup, protein powder, and vanilla in medium bowl
4. Add in eggs and mix well
5. Stir in oats, baking soda, and coconut flakes until completely mixed
6. Spread “batter” into bottom of pan with a spoon (it will be thick!)
7. Bake for 15 minutes until top of bars seem dry and they are brown on the edges
8. Let cool in pan and cut lengthwise to make 15 bars
*I used Designer Whey Chocolate protein powder, which has 18 g of protein and 100 calories per scoop.
I packaged them up in individually to make it easier to grab one on my way out the door.
Nutritional Information for one bar
*Recipe adapted from PopSugar’s Gluten Free Oatmeal Protein Bars