Tomorrow I’m running the Adirondack Ragnar Relay!
I have never ran a relay race before but apparently they are a blast. I have three legs.
Leg 1 – 3.2 miles (Saratoga Springs)
Leg 2 -5.7 miles (Lake George)
Leg 3 – 7.9 miles (Keeseville)
Now what in the world does one pack for a race like this?? Here’s what I’m bringing.
- 3 sets of running outfits (for all types of weather) in plastic bags for easy access and to throw them into when I’m done wearing them
- comfy clothes for in between legs
- running shoes (2 pair since its now going to rain)
- other running gear: compression sleeves, toe socks, body glide, gu, etc.
- sleeping bag & pillow
- rain jacket
- baby wipes (for lack of showers)
- food (peanut butter filled pretzels, granola, bars, etc.)
- gloves, hat, jacket for sleeping outside in Adirondacks (chilly!)
- phone & charger
- reflective vests (required)
- headlamps (required)
- flash lights
- cash money for food at major exchanges
The Trader Joe’s bag is food and I’m also bringing a mini cooler to keep some yogurt in to eat post-run. I’m also going to try to condense both bags into one so I don’t have so much stuff. We’ll see how that goes tonight. I don’t want to over-pack, but I also want to be prepared!
The next time I blog, I’ll officially be a Ragnarian!