Last night I made pizza for dinner. I also had onions and kale so I knew what I wanted to put on top of it! It came out amazing! Since you can put spinach on your pizza, I figured why not kale?
Kale Chips Pizza
- 2 cups of kale, chopped and sautéed in olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped and caramelized in olive oil for about 15 minutes until brown
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce
- pre-made whole wheat pizza dough (I make this ahead of time and freeze it)
- Spread out dough onto non stick baking sheet (I always spray just in case)
- Top with pizza sauce until evenly distributed
- Add cheese
- Spread out kale, onions and garlic onto pizza
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes. I took mine out after about 12 minutes since the kale got crispy, hence KALE CHIP pizza
The crispy kale added a nice crunch to the pizza, and it was great! Try this.