Otherwise known as random-ingredients-you-have-in-your-fridge pizza!
The other night Chris and I were craving pizza, he had just played an intense game of soccer and I had ran 4.0 mile run around my new neighborhood for the first time since moving (hurray!), so we were both very hungry come dinnertime, which ended up being around 8:30PM. Late for me! Anyway, that's how this pizza came about!
I'm a huge fan of pre-making pizza dough and freezing it, and that's what I did here--I make Jenna's pizza dough since it's pretty much the easiest thing to make on the planet. And if I can't mess it up, that's saying something.
Caramelized Onion, Feta and Zucchini Whole Wheat Pizza
- Pre made whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of reduced fat feta cheese
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium or small zucchini, sliced into rounds and then sliced in half again
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Saute onions on medium heat with a splash of olive oil until they are browned, about 10 minutes
3. Roll out pizza dough onto greased baking sheet
4. Brush edges of dough with olive oil (makes a crispy crust)
5. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese
6. Place caramelized onions onto pizza
7. Sprinkle on feta cheese
8. Evenly spread out zucchini slices onto pizza dough
9. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes
It was AMAZING--one of the best pizzas I've ever made.
Enjoy your Friday!