This week I got some zucchini and yellow squash from a co-worker’s garden and I wanted to incorporate them into my dinner last night.
Behold, Summer Vegetable Quinoa!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 bag of frozen stir fry vegetable mix
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce/tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to package
2. While quinoa is simmering, prepare vegetables
3. Wisk together the soy sauce and olive oil
4. In large wok or skillet, sauté vegetables until tender
5. Once quinoa is done, mix together with vegetables
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Makes about 4 servings