Those are my three favorite words when it comes to making dinner. Because of my busy schedule, sometimes I have to take dinner on-the-go if I want to avoid eating out. I like to do this to not only save money, but to make sure I have a healthy dinner.
Lately I’ve been in a dinner rut. Meaning, when I have to pack my dinner on the days I have class I just make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Not that I don’t love PBJs, but sometimes they just don’t satisfy me and I don’t feel like I’m eating enough nutritious food.
The other night I asked for some tips on Twitter about what to make for dinner that was easy, healthy and portable that I didn’t have to heat up.
I took Cynthia’s advice and last night I made rice with vegetables and peanut sauce! It was so simple and so good! And I had enough left over to take for lunch the next day. I’m definitely going to repeat this to bring for dinner when I have class.
Rice & Veggies with Peanut Sauce
- 1 package of Uncle Ben’s instant 90 minute rice (I used Vegetable Medley)
- 1/2 package of fresh frozen stir fry vegetables (or any frozen veggies)
- 1 TBSP of peanut satay sauce
1. Heat rice according to package instructions
2. Steam vegetables with some water in microwave for about 3-4 minutes until tender
3. Mix rice and vegetables with peanut sauce in large bowl or tupperware container
4. Refridgerate. The dish will be ready to take for lunch or dinner on the go!
Whats your favorite dish to take on-the-go? I would love more recommendations!