TGIF! All day I was thinking about what I was planning to make with this monster.
I got this huge eggplant at the farmer’s market yesterday for $1.50. I have never cooked eggplant in my life! I’ve only eaten it out at restaurants or when other people have cooked it for me–never on my own. So I think it was time to give it a try.
I wanted to make pizza tonight, so I went with Eggplant, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Flatbread pizza. I cut up the eggplant into little triangles, and put them on the flatbread, along with cheese and some baby spinach.
- Eggplant, thinly sliced into small triangles (or rounds, depending on the size of your eggplant, mine was huge.)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese made with 2% milk
- Herbed goat cheese crumbles
- Small handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 Flat-Out whole wheat wrap
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lay out wrap onto baking sheet
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese, just enough to cover the wrap, about 1/2 cup
- Place about 6-7 eggplant triangles onto wrap, along with spinach
- Sprinkle on more shredded cheese if desired
- Add goat cheese crumbles to top
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until cheese melts (goat cheese won’t melt but mozzarella will), and the wrap gets brown on edges and crispy
This is one of the best flat crusted pizzas I’ve ever made! So satisfying and the serving is HUGE! The wrap is only 90 calories with 6 grams of fiber. I made two because I made one for my sister as well.
Along with my pizza, I had to have a glass of wine of course. I’ve had this bottle of wine sitting in my wine rack since March! I got it at the Troy Farmer’s Market when Chris and I went. I’m glad I saved it. It is Summertide by Cascade Mountain Winery.
Hurray for New York wine!
So tasty! I grilled up the rest of the eggplant so I can make sandwiches tomorrow. I just threw it in a pan with some olive oil, salad seasoning, and onion powder. It came out really tasty! Who says eating vegetables is boring?!